Ni (2nd) Dan Guidelines
(J)=Jodan (Face Level); (C)=Chudan (Stomach Level)
- Select any kata except Heian Shodan through Heian Godan and Tekki Shodan
- Demonstrate kata randomly selected by examiner from Bassai Dai, Kanku Dai, Jion and Empi.
- In free-style stance, slide forward and execute short punch with front hand (J)-then step in Sanbon Zuki
- In free-style stance, slide forward and execute short punch with front hand (J)-with back leg execute front kick (C)-landing forward, step in punch (J)
- In side stance, step across and execute side snap kick (J)- upon landing, execute side thrust kick to same target with the rear leg without stepping across
- In free-style stance, step back and execute rising block-then moving forward, execute roundhouse kick (C)-back fist strike (J) upon landing-then step in punch (J)
- In stationary front stance, same leg without putting it down, execute front kick (J) to front-side snap kick (J) to side-side thrust kick (C) to side-roundhouse kick (C) to front-back kick (C) to back
Sparring Or Self-Defense (Choose One)
- Free Sparring
- Examinee takes offense and then switches to defense as indicated by examiner.
A. Examinee selects one of the following self-defense techniques including partner for demonstration:
1. Defense against weapon (knife, stick or pole)
2. Defense from chair or floor sitting position
3. Defense against grabbing and holding attack
B. Employing the same self-defense technique as selected by the examinee for his demonstration, the examiner designates another partner unknown to the examinee.